Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Busy Day


Today was busy from start to finish, but every part of it was enjoyable. We spent most of our afternoon in the field, marking our first plot and determining the species present. What a great experience. In the particular plot that we had picked, we saw an abundance of Witch Hazel and Black Birch. We also so a large proportion of Wintergreen and Lowbush Blueberry. I am wondering if we will find similar results throughout all of our plots. This is going to be a great project. I am already finding that I am better able to identify vegetation that I wasn't able to last week. I also like the fact that we will be using what we find to contribute to the community. The group is great and I think everyone works well together.

I am glad I stuck around tonight for Robin's presentation. It was fabulous. I love how excited she was about what she did and in sharing it with others. I can really sense her passion for what she does. It was so interesting and the slides were beautiful. I would love to have an opportunity to be a part of something like that in the future. What an awesome experience!

Last day for the week tomorrow and hopefully all will go well and we will be able to get a least two plots laid out. I am looking forward to it, and also spending more time with those in my group, what an awesome group of people!

1 Comments:

At July 21, 2008 at 7:55 AM , Blogger The BATS said...

Sounds like your having a great time and doing some great reflecting! I am glad you are pulling so much from the Wessels book - it is very rich and thought provoking!

If you truly want to go to the Arctic/Antarctic, apply to PolarTREC - it is an amazing experience!

Best of luck with the rest of your project; I look forward to seeing how it all turns out!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home