Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Understanding the Land

I have taken a new interest in the readings we have been assigned within  Reading the Forested Landscape:  A Natural History of New England, by Tom Wessels.  I really think that I am maybe starting to see beyond the baseline meanings of what Wessels is trying to get across, and rather starting to understand the fact that the things he describes really show the relationships between our actions, the activity of nature, and how they all interrelate.  Each thing encountered in nature really does tell a story.  And the story that unfolds is often not what one would expect.  I hope that through reading Wessels, exploring, and gaining more insight through this course, I may be better able to interpret the story being told.  I am hoping to extend this beyond class and into my life ( this is not always easy to do, especially being an impatient person at times).  I guess I will see what what happens!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home